This Northampton based creative agency is looking for an experienced Magento Developer to join their team. They are very flexible on location, so you don't need to be Northampton based, but must be able, on certain occasions, to join the team for the day, but very flexible to work remotely for the majority of the time. They are a creative agency with an enviable list of clients and a team of Developers, so you would be working in a great team.
Whilst ideally you will have worked within an agency environment, they are open to someone having worked in-house; the main parameters are whether you are able to work on multiple projects at one time, although one may be a larger project, the ability to juggle other projects and work to deadlines is imperative.
Requirements for the role:
- Experienced Magento eCommerce Developer / WordPress Developer, with the ability to demonstrate experience working in Magento / WordPress whilst adhering to best practices is essential (6+ years).
- Strong PHP skills with experience of working with various frameworks such as Codeignitor, Laravel and Symfony (6+ years).
- Working at a senior level on complex, time sensitive, Magento, WordPress and other PHP framework based projects.
- Excellent knowledge of server management set-up and maintenance (Apache, Ubuntu, SSLs, MySql, firewalls etc.)
- Passion, understanding, and experience of implementing best practice within the back end of development (development, testing, documentation, CI/CD, release).
- Experience in Project Management and Workflow tools, e.g. Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience using version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Strong demonstrable understanding of LAMP Stack and other technologies including, SOAP, REST, API Development.
- Help lead and establish processes / best practices within the department.
- Be able to offer solutions to complex business processes, including complex integrations with other business systems.
- Experience in development workflow, productivity, and versioning using industry standard tools, preferably alongside multiple Developers.
- Active systems architecture design and administration experience will be essential for further developing complex platforms within the agency.
- Exposure to SQL Server Integration Services.
You love working collaboratively as a team, and the personal skills needed for the role include:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both within agency, and client.
- Can distil complex constructs and information for presentation to key stakeholders.
- Can do, innovative, results oriented approach to delivering technical solutions.
- Demonstrably passionate and engaging in relation to new technologies and digital adoption.
- Metrics and results driven with a focus on problem-solving.
- Self-disciplined with excellent time management skills.
- Strong sense of integrity.
If all of this sounds like you, please get in touch as soon as you can!